Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's in the bag

I am quite excited about this artisan. I am not really sure where exactly it was I met her but I fell in love with her deerskin waist bags instantly.

I would like to introduce Linda, my new friend and owner of HighsmithStudio . She is the creator of these very practical and gorgeous waist bags.

I am particularly fond of deerskin. It is a wonderful medium to work with. I have always been reticent to use the rough edges of a hide but after seeing her work I may have to re-think my decision. I am sure I have a long way to go before I can create something as stunning as Linda's waist bags. But with practise and imagination one never knows. :D

As a motor bike rider Linda created this style of bag for hands free convenience. There are spring clasps on the side of each bag so it can be attached to a belt or pant loops.

The white deerskin bag below is my personal favourite. She utilizes the entire deerskin to create these one-of-a-kind bags.

As you can see, her work is very well thought out. I like her use of contrasting colours and placement of feathers and heart cut outs - quite striking actually. I find myself staring at each bag and examining every little detail. Just beautiful.

Linda has not been a member of the Etsy community for very long so I invite you to visit her shop and take a browse. You won't be disappointed - I wasn't.
Thanks for viewing,
Anne

2 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful bags! I love the hearts in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are truly lovely, aren't they? I am sure we will see a lot of her work.
    Thanks for commenting (as always( Sharla! <3
    Anne

    ReplyDelete