Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Taking Her Life Back

Just when I thought she couldn't do anything more to floor me she did.
On April 17th I wrote a blog about my older sister, Susan. She had surprised the world and myself by participating in AND completing the CN Tower stair climb. She made it to the top - successfully climbing 1776 steps, 144 flights after suffering a debilitating stroke on May 20, 2008.

Well apparently her journey to a healthier and longer life didn't end there.

I received an email from her once again just a few days before May 9th. She shocked me with the news that she was going to run a 5 kilometer marathon. *gulp* She wanted me to pray for her because the effects of the stair climb were still very fresh in her mind and body.


And if I to am quote the famous writer, Lord Alfred Tennyson, "More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of."

John, Paul (her husband) and Jennifer all very athletic

Susan had immersed herself in the company of some very talented individuals and aspired to finish the 5 Kilometer (3.1 miles) marathon with their coaching and reassurance. I have never know Susan NOT to accomplish something she had set her mind on and this was one of those times.

Personally, I was skeptical but hopeful. I wanted her to finish this more than the stair climb.

In a word - Leather Wristband

I recall walking around on pins and needles that morning thinking that she might push herself too hard and collapse or worse. But between the flashes of lightning and thunder claps I said little prayers for her to finish.
True to her undying nature, she finished. I cheered quietly when I heard the news. All I remember reading was...,

"Hi Anne, I finished the marathon.., Paul stayed with me all the way. I'm so proud of John and Jenny".


I realize this may not may seem like a huge feat to some but to me.... it was monumental. I lost one sister three years ago and I almost lost another last year to a stroke. So to me...., this was is miracle.

Way to go Susan for taking your life back and making the most of it. There is no stopping you now!!!

All my love - forever and always... your baby sister... Annie ^i^



~~~~> Don't forget to check our shop for the "Treasure Hunt". It could be listed anytime. \00/_

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! Thanks for the generous words, Anne!
    I truly couldn't have done it without the never-ending support I've recieved! I'm so fortunate to have all of you in my corner!

    I love your praying hands. Your leather art work is BEAUTIFUL as always!

    ReplyDelete